Last updated: 02 March 2022
Genuine Unfolded Circle products (“Unfolded Circle Products”) are covered by this limited warranty (the “Warranty”). The terms of this Warranty apply to Unfolded Circle Products purchased in or after July 2022. To claim any rights under this Warranty, the original invoice received at the time of purchase of the Unfolded Circle Product must be presented to Unfolded Circle. This Warranty covers all defects (relevant to the specification of the Unfolded Circle Product in question) that may arise in the Unfolded Circle Product within the warranty period. The warranty period commences upon the date of purchase by the first consumer purchaser and continues for the following 24 months after that date (the “Warranty Period”). If a defect covered by the Warranty arises within the Warranty Period and your Unfolded Circle Product is applicable for online return, please make your claim at: https://www.unfoldedcircle.com/support
If the online return tool is not available in your country or if the Unfolded Circle Product is not applicable for the tool, please contact the legal entity stated on the original invoice for the Unfolded Circle Product.Coverage
Unfolded Circle warrants that the Unfolded Circle Product is free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the Warranty Period. Unfolded Circle Products should be treated with care. Procedures and suggestions on proper use and maintenance of Unfolded Circle Products and its internal components should always be followed.
Thus, this Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the Unfolded Circle Product within the Warranty Period. The Warranty does not cover:
- Defects which have been caused by wrongful use, incorrect and/or unauthorized installation, incorrect repairs/modifications, or maladjustment of the Unfolded Circle Product, or neglect, including but not limited to “burn in” of plasma or OLED displays, overdriving of speakers and similar wrongful use;
- Defects resulting from usage of the Unfolded Circle Product in conjunction with accessories that are not approved by Unfolded Circle;
- Defects which have been caused by lightning, fire, water, voltage fluctuations, improper ventilation or other events of force majeure beyond the control of Unfolded Circle;
- Consequential damage, indirect or direct loss or any related expenses claimed under the Warranty, such as but not limited to loss from inability to operate the Unfolded Circle Product or costs connected with rent of substitution products;
- Software and content provided by third parties or problems occurring due to modifications made by the software provider;
- Field assistance for problems that can be solved with online software updates. It is the customer’s responsibility to provide network connection for these updates;
- Problems occurring with network/wireless connection caused by external effects present locally only and not impacting functionality in other locations not experiencing such external effects. To obtain information about the functionality in specific use cases, please contact Unfolded Circle;
- Defects in consumables (i.e. components that are expected to require regular replacement such as but not limited to batteries) as well as defects caused by overcharging;
- Unreasonable costs or expenses related to modifications or demolitions of the space in which the Unfolded Circle Product is placed during the process of repair; and/or
- Costs for cleaning the screen due to external influences.
Defects claimed under the Warranty are rectified at Unfolded Circle’s discretion within the rules of the marketing and consumer law. Rectification is ensured by way of (i) repairing the defective Unfolded Circle Product, (ii) inserting remanufactured parts into the Unfolded Circle Product, and/or (iii) replacing the Unfolded Circle Product with a new product equivalent in performance and reliability to the Unfolded Circle Product. Replacement of limited or special edition Unfolded CircleProducts depends on the availability of the Unfolded Circle Products in question. Where the Unfolded Circle Product cannot be repaired (damage is considered as total loss) and where exchange is not feasible, compensation is offered on a pro-rata basis of the purchase price.
All exchange modules become property of Unfolded Circle.
Exclusions and limitations
Unfolded Circle is not liable for the damage or loss of any programs, data and/or media content during the repair process. Unfolded Circle strongly recommends customers to ensure that, if possible, all data is backed up prior to requesting repair services from Unfolded Circle.
The Warranty will not operate if the serial number has been defaced or altered or if non-authorized modifications in the software have been made.
In countries with governmental requirements on specifically developed versions of Unfolded Circle products, e.g. due to varying transmission systems and approval demands, and the defect or malfunction is caused by the usage of other versions than required in the specific country, this Warranty does not apply. To obtain information about usage of the Unfolded Circle Product in several countries, please contact the legal entity stated on the original invoice for the Unfolded Circle Product.
All implied warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited to the duration of this Warranty. In no event shall Unfolded Circle be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the Unfolded CircleProduct or for, without limitation, commercial loss of any sort; loss of use, time, data, reputation, opportunity, goodwill, profits or savings; inconvenience; incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages; or damages arising from the use or inability to use the Unfolded Circle Product.
Unfolded Circle makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, as to the quality, capabilities, operations, performance or suitability of any third-party software or equipment used in conjunction with the Unfolded Circle Product, or the ability to integrate any such software or equipment with the Unfolded Circle Product, whether such third-party software or equipment is included with the Unfolded Circle Product distributed by Unfolded Circle or otherwise. Responsibility for the quality, capabilities, operations, performance and suitability of any such third-party software or equipment rests solely with the user and the direct vendor, owner or supplier of such third-party software or equipment. Nothing contained in the user manual or any other document shall be construed to create an express warranty of any kind with respect to the Unfolded Circle Product. No agent, employee, dealer, representative or reseller is authorized to modify or extend this Warranty or to make binding representations or claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, on behalf of Unfolded Circle regarding the Unfolded Circle Products or this Warranty.
If any portion of this Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall not affect the enforceability of the remainder of the Warranty.
Consumer’s legal rights
This Warranty is provided in addition to the rights and remedies granted by the seller of the Unfolded Circle Product or granted under applicable legislation. Any and all remedies (e.g. rectification, claim for damages, and/or right to terminate the contract) granted by the seller of the Unfolded Circle Product or available by law remain unaffected by this Warranty.
For the Australian market only:
Unfolded Circle Products are subject to the guarantees provided under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a ‘major problem’ and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage.You are also entitled to have the Unfolded Circle Product repaired or replaced if the Unfolded Circle Product fails to be of acceptable quality and the problem does not amount to a ‘major problem’.
For the US market only:
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. Thus, the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you. This Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.